What happens when a lemonade-crazed New Yorker meets a jalapeno-loving Texan? The result is a lemonade with some serious kick. Follow our weekly chronicles as we attempt to turn our business school idea into reality.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Mexican Candy

Sampling all of the Mexican candy this past week has been an interesting experience. It's very different than the Jolly Ranchers and BlowPops I ate as a kid. I've actually never eaten Tamarind before, and thought it was pretty good. I don't know what to compare it with. It sort of reminds me of the center of a Fig Newton cookie. Except, of course, that it's covered in chili powder.

My favorite Mexican candy so far has been Salsagheti. It's a pack of spaghetti shaped gummies sprinkled with chili power. The first pack I ate, I thought it was pretty darn good. Until I realized there is a packet of salsa at the bottom that you are supposed to cover the "spaghetti" with before you eat it. So, the second pack, was even better. I highly recommend it!

The Mexican version of a BlowPop is called a Rockaleta. As expected it has a gum center, but the hard candy has a spicy element to it. I thought it was decent, but not nearly as cool as the Salsagheti. I'm still not done, though. I still have more candy to eat. Next time, I'll report on how many new cavities I have from all this candy! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home